Sunday, March 15, 2009

"All the world is a stage . . ."

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, as you can see, we have been very busy.


We started the school year with Cassidy being cast in the advanced theater, student written plays, for her high school. 

She played a pro-life school girl. (She is pictured with her best friend Courtney)

And, once a again, as the maid.  She always seems to be a maid. Typecasting?


Meanwhile, Maddie was cast in her middle school musical, Cinderella, as one of the wicked step sisters.

This is before. I used "rag rollers" strips of cotton material that I used as curlers.


After. This is even before I teased her hair out. As soon as I get more pictures I will put them on the blog. She was beautiful! In an ugly step-sister type of way.


Cassidy performed her plays February 19-21st. I had a week break. HA, HA, HA. 
Then Maddie performed her play. (March 5th-7th)

The plays were done, now I could rest, SO I THOUGHT! Cassidy tried out and was just cast in her high school children's theater play, Ramona Quimby. She is playing Susan, the perfect girl that torments Ramona. (the one with the curls, I guess I get to use the rag rollers again.) 

We are rejoicing because it is not a maid. :)

I love that my daughters are having an opportunity to share their talents. Some families do sports, we do theater and watching my girls on stage is like watching them in the play-offs. I am so proud and I want to stand up and cheer! ! I love being a mother.

3 comments:

Zanzi & Buzz said...

We love plays! Keep us posted so we can come see!

Darcee said...

Maddie was AMAZING! I had so much fun at the play! I can't wait to watch Cassidy in Ramona! I hadn't heard the great news!

april said...

beck - you are a great stage mom! the girls just couldn't ask for better! thanks for sharing their "behind the scenes" moments with us :-)