Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I have returned from girl's camp.



Girl's Camp is over.  Look at all my beautiful girls.  It was a wonderful week.  I am just now coming out of my "no sleep" fog.  It was the hardest and most incredible time.  I have a few    pics to let you know how my week at camp was.

This is Melissa, she is my right hand and sane mind.  If you could have one on no sleep.  I could not have done this with out her.  I feel that the great blessing of this calling was meeting her. 
 I haven't laughed so hard, or cared so much. By Wednesday we were finishing each other's sentences, and by Friday we were speaking in stereo. She was always reminding me to breathe and that all things are fine, and if things were out of my control, it was an "Oh, well." moment.  She is my dear friend, I am thankful that I had her with me this year.  I refuse to do camp without her.


This is Melissa and my cabin after 3 days of busy people.  Foam stickers on the walls for the first 2 days (princesses themed on Tuesday, Island themed on Wednesday), then came the yarn.  I was quite impressed with the yarning skills of our pranksters. We had yarn through the legs of our pants, around handles, it was a work of art.  Then came Friday night,  we went to bed at 2 am and woke to this . . .

(Sorry Melissa, I kept it small).
  We woke early to open our door and find it filled with styrofoam beanbag beads and a message that said, "To our favorite princesses - from the peanuts".

We were also "Padded".  Needless to say, we had a lot of fun.  The girls were great.  


Here are just a few pics of some of the "fun" that was to be had a camp.

 This is the gator that we drove around.  Yes, I drove a gator.  I slid down most of the hills, but the girls learned to stay out of my way.



This is the 
final moment of camp.  Some one else was selected to go into the pool, the YCL's (youth counselors) felt I was still looking a little hot and dusty. 
So as you can see. I had to take a swim. At least they let me take off my shoes, watch and glasses.

I loved my experience at camp.  I felt the Lord's hand guiding me through this experience and I have grown and learned and I am a better person because of it.  I also learned that my heart can grow so big that it could love 246 people at once.  178 of them were the Young Women and the rest were my wonderful Stake Staff and Ward Camp Directors.  I have met some amazing people, I just can't describe how my life has changed.  

8 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, looks like you had an amazing time! I am so glad! FYI have you heard about google reader? It reads all your blogs for you and lets you know when others have posted on theirs....it is nice with how big our family is!

The Thomas Family said...

What a blast! I'm sure you did just an amazing job. They were lucky to have you Beck.

By the way I sure love your blog! Great tunes and I love your template.

Todd said...

Camp / ODS is always how I will remember you best.

Excellent song choices. Although with Manfred Mann, I always think he is singing something inappropriate. (BTW - Inappropriate is my favorite parenting word, but I digress) You should add some Hall and Oats and every time it comes on announce that it is a free skate in the reverse direction. Just for fun.

BTW - your girls are beautiful, but you knew that already.

Carol and Gary said...

It looks like EVERYONE HAD FUN! Great WORK!

Tenley said...

well, I wish i was there to see you get pushed in the pool, and to be your pranker, hee hee. you should put me on your blogger buddie, tevans14.blogspot.com

Kat Rose said...

Looks like a great time. And I know you did an excelent job!

Kaitlin said...

You can check out my blog! Looks like you had a great time at camp! I wish I was there!!!! kaitlinevans2.blogspot.com

Tenley said...

now I got your blog on my friends list:)